Learn the power, purpose and potential of E-Commerce. In 2021, retail e-commerce sales amounted to approximately 5 Trillion dollars worldwide. This figure is forecast to grow by 50 percent over the next four years, reaching about 7.4 trillion dollars by 2025.
E-commerce is the fastest growing method of buying and selling products and services over the Internet. It would be a good idea to learn about it!
This course will guide students through the process of creating, marketing and operating a digital business. It will cover areas such as:
- The evolution of business using technology
- Sourcing products electronically through local and foreign suppliers
- Distribution through online mediums including drop shipping
- Creating and operating an online storefront using a variety of website platforms including Shopify, Wix, Weebly and more.
- Establishing a digital presence using specific social media strategies for growing an online business
- Introduction to electronic marketplaces such as Amazon, Etsy, Ebay and Facebook Marketplace and how they can be used as channels for e-commerce
- Business finance including startup costs, crowdfunding, business expenses, revenue forecasting, profit-taking and business taxes
Students will leave this class with a theoretical and practical understanding of how to apply these concepts to real business situations.